Tiongheng.com.sg’s Position on Online Intellectual Property Rights
- Tiongheng.com.sg supports intellectual property rights
- Tiongheng.com.sg does not support or condone online piracy
- Tiongheng.com.sg is not skilled to determine whether online copyright material hosted on, or passing through its networks, is truly infringing or not. This is the role of a court;
- Tiongheng.com.sg is not able to take sides in a copyright dispute
What Singapore law says
- Online copyright material is protected under Singapore laws
- ISPs such as Tiongheng.com.sg are not legally responsible for copyright infringing activities of their customers/third parties IF Tiongheng.com.sg takes certain steps to cooperate with copyright owners
- The law does NOT oblige Tiongheng.com.sg to:
- o bear the burden of copyright enforcement, OR
- o monitor its networks; OR
- o decide whether infringement has occurred on its networks
TO COPYRIGHT OWNERS AND THEIR REPRESENTATIVES
The comments below apply to SINGAPORE only. Tiongheng.com.sg companies in other territories are subject to different legal obligations depending on local laws.
Takedowns, disabling of links
- We will take down infringing material upon receipt of a properly-prepared notice.
- We are NOT legally obliged to take down offending material if your notices do not follow the requirements of Singapore copyright regulations
- We do not, as a business practice, monitor our customer’s content or online activities. Nor do we monitor for continued infringements. You as the copyright owner/representative must do so.
Disclosure of customer data
- We are obliged to keep customer data confidential. This is a requirement under the Telecoms Code in Singapore that we as an ISP must observe.
- We will disclose customer data only upon receipt of a properly-obtained court order.
- Singapore law entitles us to recover our legal and administrative costs for complying with such court orders.
Termination of customer accounts
- We may terminate a customer account in particular cases of repeat infringement, if the circumstances justify it.
TO Tiongheng.com.sg CUSTOMERS
Please note that the Terms and Conditions that you have signed up with Tiongheng.com.sg oblige you to respect intellectual property and not engage in any intellectual property infringements. Nor are you allowed to let any others to use your account for unlawful activities.
- If you find that we have disabled or removed your online material, and you disagree with our actions, you are entitled under the law to send us a counter notification.
- If your counter-notification contains all required information under Singapore law, we will reinstate your material upon receipt of your counter notification AND notify the copyright owner/representative if this
- If the copyright owner/representative disagrees with your counter notice, they are entitled to take legal action. You and the copyright owner/representative must resolve your differences in a Singapore Court.
Your personal details
- We are legally obliged under Singapore telecommunication laws to protect your customer details. However, in certain situations, such as potential or actual breach of Singapore laws, we may be required by Court order, police or government directive to disclose your customer data.
- Our terms and conditions of service have covered these situations.
Termination or suspension of your account
- Again, our terms and conditions of service entitle us to suspend or terminate your account in certain circumstances, such as potential or actual breach of Singapore laws.
NOTIFICATIONS AND COUNTER NOTICES
You may submit copyright notices via letter, faxes, email and online form. Please adhere to the format of the Copyright notice or Copyright counter notice in the online form if you are submitting through letter, faxes or email.